I employed different terrain modeling technique than in previous models to highlight elevation levels. The mountain below is Mt. Fuji:
Each horizontal paper layer equals to 200 meters of altitude. There are 13 horizontal paper layers, so that the topmost layer altitude is 3600m above sea level and the lowest one is 1200m above sea level.
I gathered the elevation levels curves using Maperitive. The steps are following:
- Zoom the map to desired area.
- Map > Set Geometry Bounds
- Map > Set Printing Bounds
- Tools > Generate Relief Contours
- Tools > Export to SVG (for Inkscape)